Friday, March 4, 2016

What's Kraken?

Hello and good morning!
Samantha here and today I'm sharing a Fun card that is really fun!! Ha!

I just LOVE the new Lovable Legends stamp set, don't you? All of those mythical (Nessie is REAL!! Ha!) creatures are just SO cute, and the phrases crack me up!!!


I watercolored the images with Distress Markers and then fussy cut them out. I also added some sparkle with my Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen to the sails and 'blush' of the creature! :)


For the background, first I colored some vellum with copcis and then spritzed it with some rubbing alcohol for a watercolor effect - it's beautiful in real life! Lol! Then I heat embossed the OTHER side of the vellum with the Woodgrain Backdrops to look like waves!! So fun!
I even cut out some of the woodgrain to look like waves! Then I popped up the images and stamped the sentiment!

I hope this makes you smile, and be sure to come right back here on Monday morning when the NEW Lawnscaping Challenge will be live! I think you're really going to like it!! :)

Thanks again for spending some of your day with me! :)
~Samantha

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely PERFECT. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so adorable!! No more fear of the kraken!! Love the use of woodgrain for the waves - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam!!! Lol!! That is perfect! Just how I pictured it should look! 😜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Such a fun set and I love how you used the woodgrain for waves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's not a very scary kraken...luckily, don't think the ship is in danger ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful!!! I love the wood grain waves. The colours are so soft and pretty and work so well together - one of my favourites! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!